Monday, January 16, 2006

Watch the ends of your pencils

Memorable quote: “…getting the chewed end of the pencil…”
Citation: “Operation: E.L.E.C.T.I.O.N.S.”,
Codename: Kids Next Door, Saturday, January 14, 2006.
Usage: Cartoon show on the Cartoon Network; “Nigel Number One” of the Kids Next Door is robbed of the 4th grade presidency by the “Delightful Children,” the "Kids’" collective opponents. One of the other "Kids Next Door" characters describes the rotten deal Nigel has gotten.
Comment: It’s one of those simple turns of the phrase that makes you as a writer wish you had thought of it first. At least, that’s how I felt when I heard it.


What made it more memorable for my daughter and me is that at the end of the episode, they introduce the real winner of the class presidency: Eggbert Eggleston. No relation.

1 Comments:

Blogger Booksville Bookclub said...

Learning isn't for everyone.

11:01 AM, January 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home